Recipes MEXICAN CHILLI, CORN AND BREAD FRITTERS WITH GUACAMOLE
MEXICAN CHILLI, CORN AND BREAD FRITTERS WITH GUACAMOLE
Packed with fabulous Mexican flavours, these fritters make a wonderful anytime snack. A dollop of guacamole made with our NEW Cape Herb & Spice Smashed Avo Seasoning really makes them zing. Add a green salad and it’s a perfect light lunch too.
- WHAT YOU WILL NEED -
- FOR THE FRITTERS
- 1 x 400g tin corn, drained
- 1 x 400g tin red kidney beans, drained and rinsed in a colander
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ tsp ground cumin
- FOR THE GUACAMOLE
- 3 eggs
- 2 avocadoes, mashed with the back of a fork
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- ¼ cup red onion, very finely diced
- 1 cup grated extra mature cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, deseeded and finely diced
- 2 spring onions, white parts only, finely sliced
- juice of one lime
- large handful (a 20g punnet) of fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Cape Herb & Spice Smashed Avo Seasoning
- METHOD -
Mix all the guacamole ingredients together, cover surface with cling film to prevent discolouring and set aside so the flavours can infuse.
Mix all the fritter ingredients together. Heat a large non-stick pan with a drizzle of vegetable oil. Spoon dollops of fritter mix into the pan and flatten with the back of a spoon to form fritters. Fry over low heat until golden before flipping over. (NB: if the heat is too high, the fritters will brown too quickly on the outside and not have a chance to cook through).
Recipe concept & photography by Lizet Hartley.
Lizet Hartley is a freelance stills and reel food stylist, food photographer and recipe developer. In her spare time she – rather predictably – cooks. Get more of her recipes on her blog at http://www.melkkos-merlot.co.za
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
04 Jul 2022
Marvelous mushrooms make this vegetarian stroganoff a cling-to-your-ribs winter comfort food alternative. It’s ric...
PERI PERI AUTUMN VEGGIE RISOTTO
30 Apr 2018
A deliciously healthy, colourful meal with a punch - perfect for any occasion...
PAPRIKA AND CHEESE POTATOES
25 Aug 2020
This Braai month, were celebrating our colleboration with Jan Braai and showcasing his recipes. There's nothing...
ITALIAN STEAK SALAD
26 Jan 2022
Mozzarella, tomatoes, capers, basil… We packed this salad with wonderful classical Italian flavours – and t...