Careers Warehouse Controller
Location: Capricorn Park
07 October 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
- The overall purpose of this role is to ensure that Syspro stock records are accurately maintained in order that they reflect the physical movements of warehouse stock. This is achieved by:
- Accurately and timeously recording all warehouse stock movement transactions in Syspro.
- Problem solving stock movement queries.
- Control of materials being sent to production sites.
- Stand-in for the Warehouse Supervisor when on leave.
- Stock accuracy and maintenance of the system
Key Functional Areas:
Apply best practice data capturing:
- Ensure that procedures related to stock movement and related data capturing are consistently complied with
- Resolve any Syspro related queries timeously
- Report any errors / problems to their immediate Supervisor immediately
- Process any goods returns to Suppliers
- Provide input to assist with continuously improving our warehouse systems, reports and procedures
- Attends training as an when required
Control dispatch of materials:
- Complete dispatch documentation and advise production site of dispatch
- Resolves shortage queries with production sites
- Actions extra requests from production sites
- Ensure security procedure is complied with for all dispatches from the warehouse
- Administration of supplier returnable items (pallets, crates, etc.)
Housekeeping, Health, Safety and Environment:
- To ensure that Syspro housekeeping is maintained in order to ensure that all transactions and records are properly maintained.
- Adhere to Company Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations at all times
- Attends training as and when required
- Attends required meetings as per the company HSE program
BRC/ Food Safety Enforcement and Implementation
- Adherence to BRC and any other applicable Food Safety standards as set by the company & ensures that team members adhere to these standards.
- Ensure that product traceability is diligently maintained through accurate recording of traceability information in Syspro.
- Attends training as required.
- Attends required meetings as per the company’s Food Safety program
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Syspro or other MRP system experience required
- Computer literacy skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Prepared to do shift work as and when required
Required Prior Learning/ Experience:
- Matric or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ experience within a similar role
- Experience in Packaging/ Food Manufacturing Warehouse environment would be highly beneficial
- HACCP and BRC training would be beneficial
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Attention to detail in administrative tasks
- Ability to multitask
- Good time management
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
If you have not received a response within two weeks of application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley