Careers QC Supervisor
Dept: Quality Assurance
Location: Westlake, Tokai
28 July 2021
• To oversee the quality team and systems at the Westlake Manufacturing Site
• Ensure that customer and certification requirements are full implemented
Key Position Objective:
Ensure that adequate systems is in place within the Westlake site and ensure that the requirements of the system is adhered to and fully implemented.
Meet internal quality team goals / objectives set.
Key Functional Areas:
• Day-to-day technical problem solving and technical support
• Factory Floor Quality control team & 2 QA staff will report into this position.
o Co-ordinating activities, training, developing rosters, staff management, time keeping & meetings
• This role includes co-ordination and execution
• Liaising with Woolworths technical team, executing the requirements of Woolworths technical team within organisation and ensuring necessary technical information is maintained on WW’s FPI site.
• Investigating & resolving customer complaints
• Investigating and resolving non-conformances, communication of supplier non-conformances
• Root cause analysis & ensuring corrective actions are adequately addressed and closed out
• Develop and set quality standards for the factory. Where gaps are identified, proactively address these. Ensuring procedures relevant to the quality department responsibilities are at all times valid and updated.
• Co-ordinating calibration and repairs for scales, freezer loggers and other measuring / monitoring devices
• Co-ordinating and ensuring that product testing of in-process material and final product is performed according to schedule and reporting results of product tests within the organization,
• Investigating and managing non-conformances and corrective actions to audit outcomes and closing out by given due date.
• Conducting internal audits.
• Supervision of freezing procedure verification.
• Forming part of the Traceability, mock recalls, incident management and mass balances teams.
• Member of the food safety team
• Relevant Science Based Degree e.g. B.Tech Food Technology/ BSc Food Science / Biotechnology / Microbiology, Copies of qualifications must be submitted with a CV
• 3 years + relative industry experience
• Prior supervisory experience
• Internal auditor training and HACCP experience is an advantage
• Proficient in working with Microsoft programs (outlook, excel, word)
• Own reliable transport
• Excellent verbal and written communication at all levels of organisation & with customers & suppliers
• Detail orientated
• Ability to work independently
• Team Player
• Systematic, Logical, Solution-orientated
• Have a passion for organisation
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley