Careers QA Systems Lead
QA Systems Lead
Dept: Quality Assurance
01 October 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
- To act as the HACCP Team Leader for the site
- To act as the hygiene officer, allergen officer & pest control officer at the site.
- To ensure that the procedures in place are adhered to and implemented and update and improve these as necessary.
Key Position Objective:
Ensure that the BRCGS systems are in place within the Westlake Spice Manufacturing site and ensure that the requirements of the system is adhered to and fully implemented. To further develop and improve the systems (continuous improvement). Meet internal quality team goals / objectives set.
Key Functional Areas:
- Co-ordinating the activities of the HACCP team for the site, working hand in hand with the Maitland HACCP site team leader on HACCP systems. This includes chairing the monthly meetings, ensuring that HACCP triggers are identified & well considered, and the changes needed are actioned.
- Hygiene (cleaning) team will report into this position.
- Responsible for training, developing rosters, staff management, time keeping & meetings
- Responsible for reviewing & updating cleaning procedures & implementation of these procedures within the factory environment
- This role requires working overtime from time to time to oversee deep cleaning activities.
- Pest Control Officer – Ensure that you supervise and overview the activities of the pest control company appointed. Review the comments and actions and ensure that appropriate internal controls are applied in response to these actions.
- Allergen Officer – Ensuring that the allergen control system is validated and adequate. To documented as per customer requirements and any certification/ regulatory requirements and communicate the requirements for allergen control within the organisation.
- Internal auditor – primarily responsible for monthly GMP audits and additionally responsible for performing internal system audits.
- Calibration and Validation of Food Safety related equipment e.g. metal detection magnets & bottle blowers. Responsible for training CCP operators. Responsible for co-ordinating activities should there be a failure of systems and assist with liaising on any repairs needed.
- Root cause analysis & ensuring corrective actions are adequately addressed and closed out
- Ensuring procedures and documents are at all times valid and updated.
- Investigating and managing non-conformances and corrective actions to audit outcomes and closing out by given due dates (BRC, Organic, Customer).
- Day-to-day technical problem solving and technical support
- B.Tech Food Technology/ BSc Food Science or other relevant science related degree, Copies of qualifications must be submitted with a CV
- 3 years + industry experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Internal auditor training and HACCP experience is a must
- Proficient in working with Microsoft programs (outlook, excel, word)
- Own reliable transport
*a candidate with experience in BRCGS or another GFSI-benchmarked certification scheme & PCQI training will be at an advantage.
- Detail orientated
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work systematically
- Have a passion for organisation
- Excellent verbal and written communication at all levels of organisation & with customers
- Problem Solver
- Team Player
Please email Mary-Rose your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and track record.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley