Careers New Product Development Graduate (3 month Contract)
New Product Development Graduate (3 month Contract)
Dept: New Product Development
16 October 2020
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
Cape Herb and Spice seeks Food Science or Food Technology Degree graduates for a 3-month contract in the New Product Development at our site in Westlake, Tokai.
The role will encompass providing technical assistance to the various teams within the innovative NPD department. The graduate will gain experience in local as well as international markets, retailers and global food standards. They will perform a cross functional technical NPD support role on various projects in the spice and gifting sectors within the company.
1. Completion and filing of new product development process documentation.
2. Thorough communication (relating to new products) between internal departments.
3. Assisting in ensuring products conform to country specific regulations on product and packaging.
4. Assisting in the briefing of recipes to the sampler and co-ordination of the sample procedure.
5. Assist in conducting factory trials and travel tests.
6. Ensure product detail on internal system, in departments and on shared drive are all accurate and product is as per customer requirement.
7. Technical support to other departments: QA, Operations and Sales alike.
8. Assisting the product developers in the testing of new product samples.
9. Assisting in ad-hoc development and technical projects pertaining to the NPD department.
10. Review of product labels for legislative and customer compliance.
11. Assist in Creating finished product and in process specifications.
- Recently graduated Food Science or Food Technology Degree Students.
- Dynamic and critical thinker.
- Strong admin and analytical ability.
- A sense of urgency.
- Strong project management and coordination skill.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels, both written and verbal.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Proactive, team orientated and enthusiastic.
- Optimistic & positive outlook.
- Willingness to learn.
- Within traveling distance of Westlake, Tokai
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley