Careers Maintenance Manager
Location: Westlake or Maitland
07 February 2020
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
Key performance areas for the position are:
• Provide technical support and leadership to maintenance team.
• Lead maintenance strategy and implement continuous improvement techniques.
• Lead the ISO 55000 Asset Care program implementation.
• Proactively identify plant issues before they become a source of downtime to production.
• Ensure the maintenance team and contractors deliver high standards of cleanliness and reliability of production machinery and factory facilities.
• Identification and implementation of training plans for maintenance staff.
• Manage engineering improvement and Capex projects.
• Prepare and review maintenance reports / statistics.
• Prepare and manage annual maintenance budget.
• Continually work to enable the site to achieve key objectives of Safety, Quality, Cost and Service.
• Perform administrative duties as required.
The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
• B Degree in Engineering or B. Tech in Engineering or equivalent.
• FMCG / Food / Beverage management experience at an Operational level in a safety conscious environment.
• Proven ability to build and sustain excellent relationships, through clear and effective communication, with all levels of management across functions.
• Good working knowledge and experience of HACCP standards.
• Sound knowledge and understanding Asset Care/ ISO 55000 systems.
• Proactive, enthusiastic personality.
• Confident, driven and motivated.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley
Telephone:021 701 5140