Careers Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Health, Safety and Environmental Coordinator
Dept: Health and Safety
19 May 2022
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
Key Functional Areas:
- Ensure HSE document control is maintained.
- Identify and implement safety improvements in work areas.
- Training and mentoring employees on HSE procedures.
- Assist safety personnel with complaints, inspections, reports.
- Conduct HSE incident investigations.
- Report on HSE inspection compliance.
- Assist with formulation HSE procedures.
- Data capturing on HSE software system & filing documentation.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word & MS Outlook
- Safety, Risk and Health knowledge and experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
Required Prior Learning/Experience:
- Matric (Grade 12 Certificate)
- Relevant Health and Safety certification /qualification.
- Possession of a valid Code 08/EB driver license and own transport.
- Experience within a similar position
- Self-Managed and good self-discipline
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment
- Deadline driven requiring planning and organizing
- Takes initiative
- Team player
If you have not received a response within two weeks of application submission, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley