Careers Assistant Accountant_AP- Contract
Assistant Accountant_AP- Contract
18 January 2022
*please note that this is a contract position
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
Key Functional Areas:
- Assisting in compliance with tax and payroll legislation
- Assisting with monthly reporting for payroll
- Assisting in overseeing Creditor’s function and Creditors team Process and reconcile a wide variety of financial transactions including preparation of management account journal entries
- Assist in Preparing various monthly Income Statement and Balance Sheet Schedules and Reconciliations
- Suggests formats/ideas to improve operating efficiency
- Weekly Sales Report
- Assist with month end roll over procedures
- Assist with preparation and coordination of audit processes (Internal, Interim and Final)
- Assist across accounting functions as required
- Available for financial year end in December
Required Prior Learning/ Experience
- BCom Accounting Degree (BCom Honours will be advantageous)
- Completed SAIPA articles/ SAICA articles (not continuing with the CA route)
- 5 years’ experience within a similar role
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment
- Deadline drive requiring planning and organizing
- Ability to manage a team
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Exceptional interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
If you have not received a response within two weeks of submitting your application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley