Careers Assembly Supervisor
Location: Westlake, Tokai
09 November 2020
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Supervision of Staff:
o Effectively supervising and mentoring the Assembly and Mixing Department
o Planning of daily activities to ensure jobs are accurately assembly on time as per the production plan
o Ensure all relevant procedures are strictly compiled within the department and take the necessary action to address non- conformances
• Supervise Assembly and Mixing Activities:
o Co-ordinate all material supply requirements with the various supply warehouses.
o Ensure delivery vehicles are unloaded in a timely and efficient manner.
o Ensure receiving and inspection of materials from the supply warehouses is done in an
o accurate manner against job specific requirements and address any deviations.
o Ensure raw material freezer treatment process is effectively executed and aligned with production plan requirements.
o Ensure raw materials are assembled for the mixing department in order to meet mixing plan requirements.
o Ensure materials are mixed on time in order to meet production plan requirements.
o Ensure raw material and packaging is fully assembled and checked against job requirements in time to meet the production plan requirements.
o Ensure additional material requests are expedited as soon as the request is received from production.
o Ensure that material returns to store are done on a daily basis
o Ensure that housekeeping in the assembly and mixing areas is managed in a disciplined manner.
o Ensure that all materials in the assembly and mixing areas are secure and issued to production in a controlled manner.
• Ensure housekeeping in department meets expectations at all times
• Accurate recording of assembly and mixing data
• Ensure that staff adhere to company health, safety and environmental rules
• Adhering to food safety standards and that product traceability is diligently maintained through accurate recording of traceability information
Qualities and attributes:
• Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail when performing job related tasks
• Must be able to multitask effectively
• Good time management
• Good Communication skills (verbal and written)
• Willing to be trained on company standards
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Syspro knowledge will be advantageous
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Ability to work shifts and overtime when required
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley