Recipes CHRISTMAS SALAD 1 - JEWEL SALAD
CHRISTMAS SALAD 1 - JEWEL SALAD
Loads of crunch, brilliant jewel colours and fabulous texture contrast – we’re making salad sexy this Christmas with a trio of recipes you simply must try.
Starting off with this Christmas Jewel Salad.
- WHAT YOU WILL NEED -
- FOR THE SALAD
- Red cabbage, finely shredded
- Carrots, finely julienned (a julienne peeler makes it easy!)
- FOR THE DRESSING
- Red apple, finely sliced and drizzled with lemon to prevent it discolouring
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- dried goji berries (or pomegranate rubies)
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- Golden sultanas
- 1 Tbsp runny honey
- large pinch of salt (about an eighth of a teaspoon)
- pumpkin seeds
- few grinds of black pepper
- celery, finely sliced
- ½ tsp caraway seeds, dry toasted for a few seconds in a hot pan, then roughly crushed in a pestle and mortar
- Micro herbs
- METHOD -
Add all the salad ingredients together in a beautiful shallow bowl. Place all the dressing ingredients in a bottle, give it a good shake and you’re done!
Recipe concept & photography by Lizet Hartley.
Lizet Hartley is a freelance stills and reel food stylist, food photographer and recipe developer. In her spare time she – rather predictably – cooks. Get more of her recipes on her blog at http://www.melkkos-merlot.co.za
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
CARAMEL ROAST PEACH & PROSCIUTTO SALAD
01 Jul 2019
Salads that are a complete meal are such a perfect lunchtime treat. This salad offers juicy subtle sweetness in the form...
ULTIMATE HEIRLOOM TOMATO SALAD
09 Jan 2020
Juicily lush and sun-ripe, tomatoes are at their summery best right now and we’re making the most of them! A selec...
RAW PAD THAI SALAD
23 Jan 2020
Nothing like a healthy mix of raw veggies, for those warm summer days. Just add the easy - to - make delicious dressing...
GRILLED MUSHROOMS WITH CHICKPEA SALAD
25 Aug 2020
It’s BRAAI month. We’re feeling excited. Things are starting to feel summery. We’re ready for lon...