Careers Site Manufacturing Manager
Site Manufacturing Manager
02 December 2019
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
The Manufacturing Manager leads the manufacturing teams to ensure plant metrics are achieved in a safe, timely, quality, cost efficient and productive manner. Manages production schedules; is accountable for the achievement of area performance objectives, product quality, variable costs, productivity, throughput and safety. Will be a key driver in development and implementation of process and facility improvement initiatives.
• Responsible for overall management of the manufacturing site including warehousing and production operations.
• Develop and manage monthly/annual metrics to support operation productivity, quality, delivery and safety. Motivate team members to achieve goals.
• Responsible for continuous improvement, management of best practices/benchmarking, documenting standard work, and ensuring highest possible levels of productivity.
• Drive the implementation of safety programs to ensure safety is promoted across all operations on the site
• Managing costs against annual budget
• Ensure teams are appropriately staffed for shifts and operations.
• Provide leadership in a customer focused and team environment.
• Communicate with warehouse, production, logistics and maintenance teams to support production demand, growth initiatives and customer service.
• Manage metrics and drive root cause analysis to achieve improvement objectives.
• Perform job evaluations for personnel.
• Management and leadership experience in a FMCG manufacturing environment.
• Experience in implementing world class manufacturing practices
• Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal.
• Proven leadership, management and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and provide direction.
• Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
• Must possess high ethical standards and ability to abide by CHS’s values and philosophies.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
• Minimum of five years of operations experience in a FMCG manufacturing environment is required.
• Minimum of eight years of people management experience is required.
HR Contact:Therona Pillay
Telephone:021 701 5140