Careers Senior Maintenance Technician
Senior Maintenance Technician
28 July 2021
• Conduct maintenance activities on equipment and facilities at the Spice Plant site to ensure efficiency, quality, cost and any specific performance KPI’s requirements are achieved.
• form administrative tasks required to provide the necessary data and information to the business.
• Provide input to support continuous improvement within the production and support departments.
• Liaise with the Maintenance Manager regarding the Preventative Maintenance program, priorities of breakdowns and inventory control of spare parts.
Key Functional Areas:
Supervision of sub-ordinates:
• Provide technical support to site’s maintenance team including apprentices on site.
• Ensure all work done delivers high standards of cleanliness and reliability of production machinery and factory facilities.
• Identification and communicating training needs for sub-ordinates.
• Ensure all relevant procedures are strictly complied with in the department and take the necessary action to address any non-conformances.
• Assess quality of maintenance work performed by sub-ordinates and external contractors.
• Attend development training as determined by the company from time to time.
Manage Maintenance Activities and Plans:
• Support the implementation of the site’s maintenance strategy and implement continuous improvement techniques.
• Proactively identify plant issues before they become a source of downtime to production
• Conduct regular GMP checks with the Maintenance Manager on all production equipment as well as the facility to minimise risks to our customers.
• Conduct maintenance on equipment and facilities to enable the site to achieve key objectives of Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost and Service.
• Perform administrative duties as required
• Assign resources required to meet the various maintenance plans. This will include staffing and equipment resources.
• Be part of the project team on site.
• Liaise with the Maintenance Manager regarding planned maintenance programmes as well as work planned with external contractors.
Apply best practice data capturing:
• Ensure that Job card data and records are accurately captured and filed. Regularly discuss the reports and Job cards with the Maintenance Manager with a view to improving performance.
• Required to perform ad-hoc data capturing from time to time.
• Provide input to assist with continuously improving our reports and procedures.
• Do monthly stock take in the Maintenance store to maintain critical spare part levels.
• Red Seal qualified Senior Artisan with 10+ years’ experience in a Food manufacturing facility.
• Matric Certificate or equivalent.
• Ability to perform tasks as detailed above*
• Ability to use computer to access information on the company’s network as well as ability to use Microsoft Outlook.
• Undergone GMP training*
• Undergone training in HACCP & BRC as applicable to the role*
• Undergone HSE training as determined by the company*
• Ability to comply to medical health requirements as set by the company.
*Training in the above will be undertaken where required
• Good timekeeping and attendance
• Ability to earn the respect of and lead the team
• Ability to multi-task
• Good time management
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley