Careers Production and Planning Manager
Production and Planning Manager
08 October 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
Manage the Gifting production department including the management of the operational team, production planning and being the link between gifting production and various internal departments to achieve an excellent customer service level.
- Production and Demand Planning
- People management
- Driving continuous improvement activities
- Planning and alignment with Warehouse teams, NPD, Procurement, Sales and Finance
Key Functional Areas:
- Oversee the Gifting production department to ensure output, efficiency, quality, cost and other relevant KPI’s are achieved.
- Demand planning and resource management considering seasonal fluctuations and sales targets.
- Update production plans in line with required dispatch dates and available capacity.
- Drive continuous improvement, production efficiencies and cost reduction projects
- Inform the sales team on a regular basis of the status of open orders and proactively communicate any delays and issues to them.
- Provide input on production lead times and other requirements for new product developments.
- Provide forecasts and production plans to the procurement team
- Work with the Warehouse managers and quality department to assure the materials required are available and in line with production requirements
- Provide input to finance and account teams on order commitments
- Perform administrative tasks required to provide necessary data and information to the business.
- Provide input to support continuous improvement within the production and support departments.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent Computer literacy skills (Windows operating system and Microsoft Office)
- Experience working on an MRP System (experience in Syspro would be advantageous)
- Advanced Excel skills
Required Prior Learning/ Experience
- National Diploma/ Certificate in Planning, Production Management or Operations
- Previous experience in a planning role (min 3-years)
- Trained in Lean/WCM practices
- Experience in a FMCG or food manufacturing environment will be to your advantage.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical, planning and organizing skills
- Continuous improvement mindset with ability to follow through on the implementation of changes
- Very good communicator with ability to lead and work with various people and teams
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills with focus on solution-oriented approaches
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with production teams and all other areas and levels of the business
- Proactive and logical thinker
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work in a highly pressurized environment
- Deadline driven individual
If you have not received a response within two weeks of submission, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley