Careers Product Developer- Libstar Export
Product Developer- Libstar Export
Dept: New Product Development
01 March 2021
Cape Herb & Spice is looking for a Development Technologist to fulfil a new and exciting role developing wet condiment products, across the Libstar family of companies, suitable for the export market. The role, on behalf of Cape Herb & Spice as the exporter, focuses on working with the group companies to develop products for export that meet customer and legislative requirements.
This position stretches across technical expertise and foodie innovation to create clean label, commercial and trend-forward products. This position will be based in Westlake initially and will require periodic travel to other Libstar business units during development and launch.
Key Position Objective:
Sustainably and profitably develop and grow the Libstar wet condiment export portfolio in line with strategic and financial objectives
Key Functional Areas:
• Market research and concept development with Sales & NPD departments to determine opportunities for products that can be developed by Libstar business units to meet export requirements.
• Recipe development and tastings with Business Unit
• Supplier interaction and sourcing of raw materials and packaging when required
• Execute product development process within given deadlines, ensuring product conforms to country and customer specific regulations on product and packaging.
• All stages of the development process to be followed and documented meticulously.
• Artwork approvals according to food labelling legislation
• Ensure compliance to Cape Herb & Spice and relevant Libstar certifications.
• Effective execution of launches and technical support
• Factory implementation of factory trials and travel tests
• Technical support to Marketing, QA and Sales teams to facilitate flawless launch.
• Specification generation oversight & maintenance
• Degree/Diploma in Food Technology or Food Science
• Minimum 3 – 5 years’ experience including wet condiments
• Experience in developments for export including legislation will be highly advantageous.
• Strong people leadership skills
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Action orientated, resourceful and diplomatic
• Creative thinker, commercially and technically minded
• Energetic and passionate
• Able to work in a matrix environment, Team player
• High degree of self-motivation and mobility
• Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity and reliability
• Optimistic solution finder
• High attention to detail
• Able to travel nationally, per business requirements
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley