Careers Operations Manager
19 May 2022
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
Purpose of the job:
The Operations Manager leads the production teams to ensure plant metrics are achieved in a safe, cost efficient and productive manner. The key functions of the role include managing production schedules, accountable for the achievement of area specific performance objectives, product quality, variable costs, productivity and safety. The Operations Manager will be a key driver in development and implementation of process and facility improvement initiatives.
Key Functional Areas:
- Responsible for overall management of the production operations.
- Develop and manage monthly/annual metrics to support operation productivity, quality, delivery and safety. Motivate team members to achieve goals.
- Responsible for continuous improvement, management of best practices/benchmarking, documenting standard work, and ensuring highest possible levels of productivity.
- Drive the implementation of safety programs to ensure safety is promoted across all operations on the site
- Managing department costs against annual budget
- Ensure teams are appropriately staffed.
- Review current and future production capacity requirements.
- Review and provide input to production plans.
- Provide leadership in a customer focused and team environment.
- Communicate effectively with internal departments to support production demand, growth initiatives and customer service.
- Manage metrics and drive root cause analysis to achieve improvement objectives.
- Perform job evaluations for personnel.
Required Prior Learning/ Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of production management experience in a FMCG manufacturing environment is required.
- Experience in implementing world class manufacturing practices
- Minimum of eight years of people management experience is required.
- Proficient in working in Microsoft programs (outlook, excel, word) as well as ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Proven leadership, management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions and provide direction.
- Strong drive for results is essential, with self-directed leadership, requiring minimal supervision & being proactive.
- Must possess high ethical standards and ability to abide by Cape Herb & Spice’s values and philosophies.
If you have not received a response within two weeks of application submission, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley