Careers Key Account Manager- Export
Key Account Manager- Export
Location: Westlake, Tokai
27 October 2021
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. This role forms part of an experienced team from whom to learn the challenging and exciting intricacies of international trade and cross-continental customer service. Customers extend from the Canada to the Netherlands to Japan and beyond.
• To profitably grow the Cape Herb and Spice portfolio of private label and branded products in the international market.
Key Functional Areas:
• Acquire new customers and build on existing customer relationships. Must be available for International travel.
• Acquire an in-depth understanding of our products, capabilities, and capacity together with the needs and requirements of our customers to align these optimally and build a prosperous business relationship
• Manage support functions to ensure customer needs are met (eg. NPD, procurement, QA, logistics)
• Set and achieve volume, value and gross margin targets for customer accounts. This includes setting annual sales budgets and providing regular sales and supply chain forecasts
• Develop and implement sales and customer growth plans, strategies, and action plans.
• Work internally with supply chain/operations to ensure optimum stock availability.
• Oversee full execution of purchase orders (PO received > production > shipment/delivery > payment)
• Ensure all relevant data is up to date (pricing, technical standards, customer master files and transactional records)
• Build pricing (based on available data & required margin %’s) – translate this into standard CHS quotes - and issue quotes to customers.
• Analyze, interpret and report on sales data
• Monitor competitor activity
Education and Required Knowledge:
• 3 or 4 years (relevant) degree (Business degree advantageous)
• 3 - 4 years’ experience in client liaison or business development role
• Excellence in written and verbal communication
• Excel proficient
• Strong analytical skills
• Project Management skills
• Commercially minded
• Self starter
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Able to perform in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
• Budget-management skills and proficiency
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to Critically evaluate information, take initiative and make decisions accordingly
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley