Careers Food Technologist
Dept: Quality Assurance
30 April 2021
• To ensure that the procedures in place are adhered to and implemented and update and improve these as necessary.
• To ensure that quality control activities are carried out at the correct frequency and that they are adequately performed.
• To ensure that any deviations are resolved and that necessary actions are co-ordinated and carried out.
Key Position Objective:
• Ensure that an adequate food safety and quality system is in place within the Maitland and ensure that the requirements of the system is adhered to and fully implemented.
• Meet internal quality and food safety team goals / objectives set.
Key Functional Areas:
• Quality controllers will report into this position.
• Develop and set quality standards for the factory.
• Day-to-day technical problem solving and support
• Implement and maintain testing schedules on work in process and final products.
• Responsible for ensuring that there is an adequate program in place for Swabbing and testing of equipment & facilities (Environmental Testing Program) & ensuring schedule is adhered to.
• Reporting results of tests within the organization
• Investigating and managing non-conformances and corrective actions.
• From time to time this role may include conducting complaint investigations.
• Conducting internal audits
• Ensuring an adequate allergen management system is implemented.
• Conducting Allergen Validations as per schedule
• Ensuring measuring and monitoring devices (scales / loggers etc) are calibrated and ensure that these are serviced and repaired as needed.
• Conducting & Supporting traceability studies, mass balances and mock recalls are conducted and implemented as per schedule
• Conducting validation studies on metal detectors and other defined steps in the process.
• Initiating and implementing corrective action procedures where failures in process / test results occur.
• Member of the HACCP Team.
• Conducting Training.
• Ensuring that audit corrective action is closed out (BRC, Customers)
• Updating procedures and documents.
• Providing customer support e.g. through compiling COA’s / COC’s.
• Ensure end of life testing on final product is performed according to schedule.
• B.Tech Food Technology/ B. Sc Food Science or other relevant science related degree. Copies of qualifications must be submitted with a CV
• Minimum 1 years + industry experience
• Candidates with higher qualifications with less experience would be considered.
• Prior training in internal auditing or HACCP is an advantage.
• Proficient in working in Microsoft programs (outlook, excel, word)
• Own reliable transport
• Detail orientated
• Have a passion for organization
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of organization
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley