Careers Development Technologist
Dept: New Product Development
Location: Capricorn Park
27 October 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
Cape Herb & Spice is looking for a Development Technologist to fulfill a vital role within our Tea and Herb & Spice categories, focusing primarily on a key local customer’s requirements, expressing creative flair in helping develop delicious tea and herb and spice concepts in line with current trends.
Key Functional Areas:
• Execute the product development process within given deadlines, ensuring product confirms to country specific legislation as well as customer specific regulations on product and packaging.
• All stages of the development process to be followed and filed meticulously.
• This procedure involves
- HACCP compliance
- Recipe development and tastings
- Raw material costings
- Supplier interaction
- Factory implementation in terms of factory trials and travel tests
- Artwork approvals
- Specification generation and maintenance
• Technical support to both QA department and sales teams alike
• Play your role in maintaining the compliance to business certifications
• Effective execution of launches through thorough communication, consultation and involvement of internal departments.
Required Knowledge & Skills:
• Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office)
• Excel skills – Intermediate to advanced
• Driver’s license necessary
Required Prior Learning/ Experience:
• Degree in Food Technology or Food Science
• 2-3 years’ experience within a NPD role
• Deadline driven with good time management skills
• Commercially minded
• High attention to detail
• A passionate foodie
• A good communicator
• A creative thinker
• Team Player
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Optimistic solution finder
If you have not received a response within two weeks, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information,
such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is
recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley