Careers Development Technologist
Dept: New Product Development
Location: Capricorn Park, Muizenberg
03 February 2020
Cape Herb & Spice is looking for a Development Technologist to fulfill a vital role within our Tea and Herb & Spice categories, focusing primarily on a key local customer’s requirements, expressing creative flair in helping develop delicious tea and herb and spice concepts in line with current trends.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Execute the product development process within given deadlines, ensuring product confirms to country specific legislation as well as customer specific regulations on product and packaging.
• All stages of the development process to be followed and filed meticulously.
• This procedure involves
Recipe development and tastings
Raw material costings
Factory implementation in terms of factory trials and travel tests
Specification generation and maintenance
• Technical support to both QA department and sales teams alike
• Play your role in maintaining the compliance to business certifications
• Effective execution of launches through thorough communication, consultation and involvement of internal departments.
-Degree in Food Technology or Food Science
Qualities and attributes required:
-Deadline driven with good time management skills
-High attention to detail
-A passionate foodie
-A good communicator
-A creative thinker
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Optimistic solution finder
-Driver’s license necessary
HR Contact:Therona Pillay
Telephone:021 701 5140