Careers Account Manager
29 September 2021
Cape Herb & Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global FMCG player, employing over 500 people and operating across 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive international experience and build an exciting career.
The main function of this role is to ensure customer satisfaction and grow existing customer business while actively developing new customers, ensuring this business is profitable and efficient for CHS.
Key Functional Areas:
Support for Key Account Manager on Large accounts
Account manager for select accounts
Focus across 3 categories - Spice, Tea and Gifting.
- Order Oversight – Day to day co-ordination of customer orders from PO receipt to delivery, ensuring all customer specific requirements are met.
- Supply all sales and marketing related information to the customer.
- Internal department liaison - Work with other internal departments to ensure OTIF (on time, in full) delivery is achieved and customers needs are met in all aspects.
- Sales Analysis - Track sales vs budget. Work with customers to ensure the sales targets are met.
- Margin management
- Customer liaison and relationship building
- Target gaps in countries or markets to gain new business
- New Product development: Respond to requests from customers for new items and / or identify opportunities to present customers with new concepts.
- Work with NPD on new product costs, ensure costs meet market requirements
Education and Required Knowledge:
- 3 or 4 years (relevant) degree (Business degree advantageous)
- 2+ years’ experience in client liaison or business development role
- Excellence in written and verbal communication
- Excel proficient
- Strong analytical skills
- Project Management skills
- Commercially minded
- Strong interpersonal skills with leadership potential
- Able to perform in a high pressure, fast paced environment.
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to Critically evaluate information, take initiative and make decisions accordingly
If you have not received a response within two weeks of applications, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
To consider any application for employment, we will have to process your personal information. The Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (POPIA), provides that when one processes another’s personal information, such collection, retention, dissemination and use of that person’s personal information must be done in a lawful and transparent manner.
To give effect to the above, we are required to provide you with information regarding the processing of your personal information. This information is recorded under the HR Processing Notice, which can be accessed and viewed on the Company website at https://www.libstar.co.za/legal/. Printed copies of this Processing Notice can also be accessed from the HR department. We kindly request that you read the HR Processing Notice to ensure that you understand how Libstar uses and processes your personal information.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Wrigley