Blog Salted Caramel Pots
Salted Caramel Pots
26 March 2018
1 ¼ cups sugar
1/3 cup water
½ tsp Cape Herb & Spice Himalayan Pink Salt (or according to taste)
2 cups cream
6 egg yolks, beaten
2 tsp vanilla essence
· Combine the sugar, water and Cape Herb & Spice Himalayan Pink Salt in a pot over medium heat.
· Whisk the mixture slightly until the sugar has dissolved.
· Allow the mixture to boil until it turns an amber colour then remove from the heat.
· Briskly whisk in the cream.
· Place the pot back over the heat and whisk while adding in the vanilla essence.
· Cook for a few minutes again until sugar has dissolved.
· Slowly pour the hot cream mixture into the beaten eggs while whisking briskly.
· Pour the mixture into small bowls and place the bowls in a roasting dish.
· Fill the roasting dish with boiling water until it reaches halfway up the sides of the bowls.
· Carefully place the roasting dish in the oven and bake the salted caramel pots for 40 minutes.
· Carefully remove the pots from the oven and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
· Transfer the pots to the fridge and allow the pots to set for 4 hours.
· Top with a sprinkling of extra Cape Herb & Spice Himalayan Pink Salt
*Keep an eye out for our Salted Caramel Pots video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDsT3j-F5Ag
Recipe, photography & video by: Jane Bjorkman of Baking-Ginger http://baking-ginger.com/