Careers Senior Quality Controller
Senior Quality Controller
Dept: Quality Assurance
04 September 2019
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
We currently have the above vacancy in our company based in Maitland, Cape Town and wish to invite suitably qualified applicants to submit their details for our consideration. We produce high quality herbs and spice products for the industrial and retail markets.
Role Purpose & Key Responsibilities:
- Perform defined testing on incoming raw materials, ensure record keeping of testing & report results internally. Ensure that testing is performed as per schedule.
- Supervising the cleaners and setting the cleaning schedules and tasks. Ensuring protective garments are sent for washing and are returned. Manage cleaning consumables.
- Checking of time sheets for QC & Cleaners weekly
- Sample raw materials & products per procedures and send off for analysis, track samples status, report on results & status of testing internally, communicate with the laboratories.
- Create COC’s for bulk customers and clients.
- Ensure supplier COA’s are electronically saved (scan in / save)
- Complete glass and hard plastic register.
- Log non-conformances and action accordingly
- Conduct shelf life testing & shelf life extensions
- Assist other QA team members, where necessary, in conducting Traceability, mock recalls and investigations.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Attend and participate in daily QC meetings.
- Stand in for other QC’s when needed (raw material and packaging testing)
- Perform training from time to time
- Assist where needed in pest control
- Some project work required from time to time
- Support QCs and cleaners, as well as other factory departments in their tasks where needed.
- Assist in compiling buying specification of raw materials on an ongoing basis.
- Positive attitude
- High energy
- Honesty, Integrity & Reliability.
- High Attention to detail
- Accurate in performing tasks & in reporting information
- Team player
- Problem solving – be eager and willing to assist in problem solving, solution focused.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical mind set, ability to think critically
- Apply urgency in work done – report faults and take action accordingly.
- Ability to organize yourself and others.
- Be willing to listen and action required tasks.
- Experience in working with and knowledge of spices and herbs will be advantageous
- Matric (Grade 12)
- Min. 2 years’ experience in spice industry (Raw materials preferred).
- Moderate Computer Literacy in Excel & Word (Required).
- Additional courses / training related to quality control or food safety will be beneficial
- This position requires overtime at required intervals.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Shannon
Telephone:021 701 5140