Careers Payroll Specialist
02 April 2019
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
Roles & Responsibilities
- To lead the payroll function of the company, ensuring that payroll runs efficiently and in line with statutory and requirements and principles of good governance.
- Managing and processing the payroll including salaries and wages – approximately 700 employees
- Control and operate the company’s payroll in line with legistation and company policy
- Provide guidance and advise to the HR team on all matters related to remuneration benefits
- Ensure that all payroll controls are in place and that payroll audits take place regularly
- Ensure that up to date and accurate statutory rates are loaded onto the payroll (Tax rates, UIF rates, etc.
- Manage the payroll audit and tax year-end processes.
- Monitor and co-ordinate payroll system upgrades
Qualifications and experience
- Bcom Accounting Degree with a certificate in taxation/ Diploma in Payroll/ Certifified Payroll Practitioner
- 5 - 10 year experience
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of employee tax processing and reporting
- Thorough knowledge of labour, pension funds, medical funds and tax legislation, as well as familiarity with the POPI Act
- In-depth knowledge of payroll administration systems and reporting (ideally VIP People 300)
- Strong ethical foundation, with direct personal alignment to our companies core values of respect, integrity, courage and accountability
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Attention to detail
- Deadline Driven
- Ability to work under pressure
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply for this vacancy, please send a detailed CV with copies of your qualifications to Therona.Pillay@capeherb.co.za no later than Friday, 19 April 2019.
HR Contact:Therona Pillay
Telephone:021 701 5140