Careers Packaging Developer
Dept: NPD- New Product Development
01 June 2018
The New Product Development team at Cape Herb & Spice is looking for a passionate packaging developer.
Compliance, Sustainability and Materials within the food packaging industry are what should excite you!
Challenges abound in this fast paced and pressurized position that offers the opportunity to learn about international requirements, packaging regulations and what it takes to be at the top of your industry.
Purpose of the job
Develop accurate packaging from compliant suppliers that is commercially sound, answers our customers’ requirements and has a standard created for it within the business.
- Tertiary education and/or
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in the packaging industry
- Diploma in Packaging Technology an advantage
- Understanding of print processes an advantage
Qualities and attributes required
- Deadline driven
- Fluency with excel and numeracy
- Commercially minded
- High attention to detail
- A passionate packaging guru
- A good communicator
- A creative thinker
- Methodical in ones approach to projects
- Team player
- Optimistic solution finder
- Keep abreast of packaging trends and innovation
- Sourcing of packaging items, along with quotes and specifications
- New Packaging Supplier Approvals
- Manage Packaging Developments: Sustainable, Food Safe, Compliant, Fit-to-product, Environmentally friendly packaging items to be developed along with all the detail within the given time frame.
- Internal Buying Specifications to be created and handed over to the Quality Assurance Department
- Once packaging confirmed – Brief Production and handover to the Buying department, all necessary details pertaining to what it is they are due to be ordering
- Conduct factory trials/testing on packaging materials or items where necessary.
- Continuous improvement on existing product to value engineer product in an attempt to de-packaging without it being detrimental to the product
- Problem solve packaging issues
- Set up and maintain a packaging library of all packaging components
- Support to the Quality Assurance department where issues/complaints or queries may arise
- Ensure detail uploaded onto the internal system is accurate at all times
HR Contact:Therona Pillay