Careers Graphic Designer - DTP Operator
Graphic Designer - DTP Operator
Dept: NPD- New Product Development
21 November 2018
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player and now employs more than 500 people and operates over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
Purpose of the Job
DTP and correct execution of all printed materials.
- Graphic design diploma or similar
- Proficient in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Ability to make high quality mock ups
- Photography skills
- Good communication skills
- Great eye for detail
- Good administrative skills
- Quick turnaround under pressure
- Label print specifications and die line management.
- Desktop publishing
- Liaison between printers and team on all printed items
- Proof reading/ authorisation of artwork
- Mock up samples
- Accurate execution of printing, ITO colour, technique, finishes and info.
- Filing of all design materials including printed samples.
- Fact Sheets on new line launches
- Photography of samples and finished product
- Authorisation of printed material (colour passing)
- Marketing support
- The company reserves the right to alter these tasks and include extra tasks within the capability of the employee.
- No job description can be all embracing. Associated duties, which can be reasonably considered to be part of the job, shall from part of the job responsibilities. In addition, if required, an employee may be allocated to other temporary duties, provided these are in keeping with his/her status and experience.
HR Contact:Karen Johnson