Careers Development Technologist
Dept: New Product Development
Location: Capricorn Park
18 July 2019
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the product development process within given deadlines, ensuring product confirms to country specific legislation as well as customer specific regulations on product and packaging.
- All stages of the development process to be followed and filed meticulously.
- This procedure involves:
- HACCP compliance
- Recipe development and tastings
- Raw material costings
- Supplier interaction
- Factory implementation in terms of factory trials and travel tests
- Artwork approvals
- Specification generation and maintenance
- Technical support to both QA department and sales teams alike
- Play your role in maintaining the compliance to business certifications
- Effective execution of launches through thorough communication, consultation and involvement of internal departments.
- Degree in Food Technology or Food Science
Qualities and attributes required
- Deadline driven with good time management skills
- Commercially minded
- High attention to detail
- A passionate foodie
- A good communicator
- A creative thinker
- Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Optimistic solution finder
- Driver’s license necessary
Should you meet the requirements and would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your detailed CV with copies of your qualifications to email@example.com by no later than Friday, 26 July 2019.
HR Contact:Mary-Rose Shannon
Telephone:021 701 5140