Careers Development Technologist
Dept: Tea Division
Location: Capricorn Park
02 April 2019
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
Our Tea Division is looking for a Development Technologist to fulfill a vital role within our Tea and Herb & Spice categories, focusing primarily on a key local customer’s requirements, expressing creative flair in helping develop delicious tea and herb and spice concepts in line with current trends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute the product development process within given deadlines, ensuring product confirms to country specific legislation as well as customer specific regulations on product and packaging.
- All stages of the development process to be followed and filed meticulously.
- This procedure involves
Recipe development and tastings
Raw material costings
Factory implementation in terms of factory trials and travel tests
Specification generation and maintenance
- Technical support to both QA department and sales teams alike
- Play your role in maintaining the compliance to business certifications
- Effective execution of launches through thorough communication, consultation and involvement of internal departments.
Degree in Food Technology or Food Science
3- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
Qualities and attributes required
Deadline driven with good time management skills
High attention to detail
A passionate foodie
A good communicator
A creative thinker
Strong interpersonal skills
Optimistic solution finder
Driver’s license necessary
Should you meet the requirements and would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your detailed CV with copies of your qualifications to Therona.Pillay@capeherb.co.za, no later than Friday, 12 April 2019.
HR Contact:Therona Pillay
Telephone:021 701 5140