Careers Product Developer
Dept: Tea Division
02 April 2019
Cape Herb and Spice has grown from entrepreneurial roots into a global player, employing over 500 people and operating over 3 sites in Cape Town. Centered around innovation and quality, Cape Herb and Spice gives any candidate a great opportunity to gain extensive experience and build an exciting career.
The Tea Division, based in Capricorn Park is looking for a dynamic project manager to lead tea, and herb & spice projects for a key local customer as well as help grow the tea business internationally.
Challenges abound in this fast-paced role that offers the opportunity to learn about international business, food and what it takes to be at the top of your industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep abreast of, and research new concepts, trends, market activity and innovation within the tea and herb and spice categories
- Develop successful, commercially viable products that are sustainable and in line with the trends and intended target market
- Manage and execute all stages of the product development process within given deadlines
- Ensure product conforms to country specific regulations on product and packaging
- Manage sustainable sourcing of new raw materials and packaging from compliant suppliers
- Ensure NPD tea compliance to continuously updated certifications
- Liaison between customer and internal operational departments on all new projects to ensure effective launches
- Schedule, lead and monitor customer weekly meetings and minutes
- On-time product launches
- Effective execution of launches within internal departments
Either an equivalent of the below degrees and 3-5 years’ experience or 5-10 years’ experience will be recognized
BCom Marketing/ Business
Advantageous Experience in:
Customer account management
Qualities and attributes required
Fluency with excel
High attention to detail
A passionate and knowledgeable foodie
A good communicator
A creative thinker
Strong interpersonal skills
Optimistic solution finder
If you meet the requirements and would like to apply for this vacancy, please send your detailed CV with copies of your qualifications to Therona.Pillay@capeherb.co.za no later than Friday, 12 April 2019.
HR Contact:Therona Pillay
Telephone:021 701 5140